Windows 10 is a powerful operating system with an integrated backup and restore system. The backup tool offers to create a System Restore point every time you install a new program or update your computer. This function allows you to recover your entire system in case anything goes wrong. You can also create multiple versions of your System Restore points so that you can go back in time to any point in time at which things were working well. Here’s how!
What is a system restore point?
A System Restore point is a backup of the most recent version of your operating system, created automatically every time you install or update Windows 10. It can be restored to an earlier date if anything goes wrong on your computer. The restore option also allows you to create multiple versions of the restore point so that you can go back in time to any point in time at which things were working well.
How to create a system restore point in Windows 10
To create a System Restore point, follow these steps:
1. Open File Explorer
2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Restore
3. Right-click on the file named SystemRestore.exe and choose Create A System Restore Point
4. Click Next to continue
5. Choose a name for your restore point, then click Next and Finish to complete the process
Seeing your System Restore points
To see your System Restore points, follow these steps:
– Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard.
– Type in “System Restore” without the quotation marks and press enter.
– You will be shown a list of all the System Restore Points you have created.
How to restore the computer with a System Restore point
1. Open your computer’s Disk Management tool by pressing the Windows key + R and typing diskmgmt.msc in the Run box.
2. Right-click on the C: drive and select Create System Restore Point from its pop-up menu.
Q: How do I create a System Restore point in Windows 10?
A: Open the Settings app, go to Update and Recovery, select Recovery, and then click Create a restore point. Make sure to choose Save the restore point using this PC’s settings.
System Restore is a great feature to have especially if you need to troubleshoot a problem with your computer.